Muscle Car Marvel
MUSCLE CAR MARVEL - ENTRIES OPEN SOON!
Each year MotorEx Muscle Car Marvel gathers a broad, cross-section of classic Australian and American muscle cars. It’s one of the show’s more popular sections, as these highly-recognisable machines are fondly remembered and loved equally by both young and old. This category is open to any vehicle that fits within the spirit of Muscle Car Marvel (see eligibility criteria below).
MUSCLE CAR MARVEL INDIVIDUAL AWARDS
• Best Overall Factory-Style Muscle 1st & 2nd
• Best Overall Modified Muscle 1st & 2nd
Muscle Car Marvel is not a concourse category. Rather it caters to variants of vehicles the factory specifically-built with a high-performance character. Quite often they were built in low numbers, as a limited-edition sports model, homologation-special, or specifically-developed to meet the production criteria of various racing categories.
Typical vehicles that meet the spirit of Muscle Car Marvel are:
• Ford Aust: XR to XB GT Falcon, plus later-model Tickford and FPV.
• Ford US: Boss and Shelby Mustang, plus Talladega, Torino, and GT Fairlane.
• Holden: HK to HZ GTS Monaro, late model Monaro, XU1 to A9X Torana along with HDT/HSV Commodore.
• GM: Performance Camaro, GTO, Trans Am, Corvette, Chevelle, along with ‘62 to ‘64 Chev Impala 409.
• Chrysler Aust: R/T Charger and Hemi Pacer.
• Mopar: Dodge Charger, Dart, Challenger, plus Hemi Barracuda and Cuda.
*Note: there are many more eligible makes and models, this is only a small sample. Final assessment on eligibility will be at the discretion of the organiser.
FACTORY-STYLE & MODIFIED
To be eligible for Factory-Style, vehicles should feature either nominal or period-correct modifications. For the Modified classification, a greater level of modification and detail is permitted. However the vehicle must still retain the character of the factory-built variant on which it’s based. Any vehicle the organiser deems to feature extensive modifications, or exhibit the high-level of detail and finish normally associated with a show car, may be placed into Superstars or Street Elite. Any vehicle that has competed in Superstars or Street Elite is not eligible to compete in Muscle Car Marvel, unless the organiser deems the vehicle has been sufficiently altered or modified.
Judging will be based on the overall quality of the vehicle along with its overall presentation and impact.